Good Sunday morning my fellow stampers. How is everyone’s weekend going? Did you all remember to turn your clocks ahead? I made sure I did all of mine before retiring last night. I love this time of year, getting up in the daylight and it staying light out later at night. How about you, which time of year do you prefer?
I have a quick card for you today using the Stampin’ Up! Happy Thoughts Cling Stamp Set and the Stampin’ Up! Dragonfly Garden. Here’s my card for today.
My colors are from Color Throwdown Challenge #633. These colors give me that summer feeling.
I played along with Just Us Girls Trend Week Challenge #575. Use and Embossing Folder.
I also played along with Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges #270. Their Theme is Sky High – anything That Flies.
I started by embossing a Crumb Cake card front using the Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder. On an panel of Basic White cardstock I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Thoughts stamp set in Basic Gray Ink. I punched the sentiment out using my Label Me Fancy Punch. I punched both sides of the sentiment using the Label Me Fancy Punch again and threaded a length of Seaside Spray 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon through.
I wrapped the ribbon around the card front securing it on the back of the card front using Stampin’ Seal. I adhered the card front to a Seaside Spray card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On a panel of Basic White cardstock I stamped the dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set in Basic Gray Ink twice. I punched both dragonflies out using my Dragonfly Punch. I colored one of the dragonfly’s wings using my Clear Wink of Stella brush and Seaside Spray Ink (which I put on a clear block). Using my Bone Folder, I fluffed the wings of the colored dragonfly and adhered just the bodies of the dragonflies together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the dragonfly to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels to my card front.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Thoughts stamp set in Basic Gray Ink in the center of a Basic White panel. I stamped the dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set on the panel in Basic Gray Ink, stamping off once. I adhered the Basic White panel to a Crumb Cake mat using Stampin’ Seal and then to the inside of the Seaside Spray card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
To finish my card I decorated a Basic White Medium Envelope. I stamped the dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set in Basic Gray Ink on the envelope front and the envelope flap.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you liked my CAS card and will give it a try. Happy Stamping!!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click HERE to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
MY CURRENT HOST CODE IS: 2QRN664Q
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any 1 item valued up to $10.00 from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! For any orders $50 or more I will also send you my monthly class tutorials. Click HERE or go to my Customer Rewards for more details and to see what this months tutorials are.
Click HERE to shop the clearance rack.
Please remember to use my current Host Code and make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Happy Stamping, Karen!
Subscribe March 11 – April 10
- The So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kit is a little taste of summer fun, with enough supplies to make 12 colorful, shaped cards with coordinating envelopes. Six card bases are popsicle shaped, the other six are semicircles: three watermelons and three rainbows. All of the cards are splashed with cheerful, vivid watercolor images. The kit also includes two full-size, matching sticker sheets, die-cut accents, fun embellishments, and more.
- This kit was designed with kids in mind, as a way to spark their creative imagination and introduce them to papercrafting.
- The So Cool Kit makes a great gift! It’s an even better way to enjoy some quality time with those special little ones in life.
- Even though the So Cool Kit was designed with kids in mind, these fun-shaped cards, featuring vivid watercolors, are versatile enough to gift to kids of all ages—the young in years and the young at heart. They’re a great way to send some “sunshine in a card!” Who wouldn’t love that?
- The kit’s exclusive So Cool Stamp Set is versatile, offering sentiments that can be used for multiple occasions such as birthdays, congrats, cheer, and more! It’s a great addition to any crafter’s collection.
- Kit includes enough supplies to make 12 fresh, fun-shaped cards—6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile
- Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog.
Subscribe to the April Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 March and 10 April at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
THERE’S MORE TO LOVE IN THE COORDINATING ICE CREAM CORNER SUITE!
Keep the creative fun going by pairing the So Cool Kit with the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper (154567) featured in our 2021 January–June Mini Catalog. It’s a great way to use the kit’s stamps, ink, stickers, and more to further indulge your craving for summer fun. Plus, the paper is part of the matching Ice Cream Corner Suite, so there’s virtually no end to the possibilities!
Coordinating colors: Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Purple Posy, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Terracotta Tile
Click this link to view the suite and start shopping.
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection will be available March2 — May 3, 2021.
The 2019-2021 In-Colors will be retiring soon. See the complete list of items in my online store Here.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic White Cardstock 2 1/2″ X 1 1/2″ (sentiment), 2″ X 5″ (dragonflies), 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock 2- 4″ X 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner mat)
- Seaside Spray Cardstock 4 1/4″ X 11″ (card base scored and folded at 5 1/2″)