Good Wednesday morning my stamping friends and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you. Even if you are not Irish, today everyone has just a bit in them. I don’t have any Irish in me (just Italian), but growing up my mom always made corn beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day. Don’t forget to wear your Green today!! We’re halfway through the week and heading towards the weekend, hope you are making some fun plans.
It’s time for another inspiration challenge for The Card Concept. For the next 2 weeks we have a Butterfly Brilliance challenge. Here is my card that was inspired from the challenge photo.
I used the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala Photopolymer Stamp Set. The butterfly was my main inspiration for my clean and layered card today.
I hope you will take a moment to visit The Card Concept and join us this week to play along with our challenge #151. How are you inspired by this photo?
I started by cutting a Shimmery White card front using the Potted Succulents Dies and adhered it to a panel of Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the card front to a Mint Macaron card base using Stampin’ Seal.
I stamped the largest butterfly from the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Brilliance Cling Stamp in Tuxedo Black Ink on a panel of Basic White cardstock. I cut the butterfly out using my Brilliant Wings Dies. I colored the butterfly in using my Bermuda Bay, Highland Heather and Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends Markers. From a panel of Basic Black cardstock I cut the largest detailed butterfly using the Brilliant Wings Dies and adhered it to the colored butterfly using Multipurpose Liquid Glue just on the butterfly body and fluffed the wings out. I adhered the butterfly to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On a panel of Shimmery White cardstock I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala Photopolymer Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Ink. I immediately sprinkled it with my Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set it using my Heat Tool. I cut the sentiment out using the Potted Succulents Dies and adhered it to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Gala stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink in the center of a Basic White panel. I adhered 2 strips of Butterfly Bijou DSP to either side of the panel using Stampin’ Seal. I adhered the Basic White panel to a Basic Black mat using Stampin’ Seal and then to the inside of the Mint Macaron card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
To complete my card I adhered a strip of Butterfly Bijou DSP to the envelope front and a panel to the envelope flap.
Thank you for visiting by my blog today. I hope you liked my card and will give it a try. Happy Stamping!!
Join me today at 4pm on my Facebook Live.
I’m planning to go live on my Facebook page with a project today at 4:00pm ET. Please join me to see what card I will be making today.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click HERE to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
MY CURRENT HOST CODE IS: 2QRN664Q
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any 1 item valued up to $10.00 from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! For any orders $50 or more I will also send you my monthly class tutorials. Click HERE or go to my Customer Rewards for more details and to see what this months tutorials are.
Click HERE to shop the clearance rack.
Please remember to use my current Host Code and make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Happy Stamping, Karen!
Subscribe March 11 – April 10
- The So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kit is a little taste of summer fun, with enough supplies to make 12 colorful, shaped cards with coordinating envelopes. Six card bases are popsicle shaped, the other six are semicircles: three watermelons and three rainbows. All of the cards are splashed with cheerful, vivid watercolor images. The kit also includes two full-size, matching sticker sheets, die-cut accents, fun embellishments, and more.
- This kit was designed with kids in mind, as a way to spark their creative imagination and introduce them to papercrafting.
- The So Cool Kit makes a great gift! It’s an even better way to enjoy some quality time with those special little ones in life.
- Even though the So Cool Kit was designed with kids in mind, these fun-shaped cards, featuring vivid watercolors, are versatile enough to gift to kids of all ages—the young in years and the young at heart. They’re a great way to send some “sunshine in a card!” Who wouldn’t love that?
- The kit’s exclusive So Cool Stamp Set is versatile, offering sentiments that can be used for multiple occasions such as birthdays, congrats, cheer, and more! It’s a great addition to any crafter’s collection.
- Kit includes enough supplies to make 12 fresh, fun-shaped cards—6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile
- Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog.
Subscribe to the April Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 March and 10 April at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
THERE’S MORE TO LOVE IN THE COORDINATING ICE CREAM CORNER SUITE!
ICE CREAM CORNER DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Keep the creative fun going by pairing the So Cool Kit with the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper (154567) featured in our 2021 January–June Mini Catalog. It’s a great way to use the kit’s stamps, ink, stickers, and more to further indulge your craving for summer fun. Plus, the paper is part of the matching Ice Cream Corner Suite, so there’s virtually no end to the possibilities!
Coordinating colors: Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Purple Posy, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Terracotta Tile
Click this link to view the suite and start shopping.
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection will be available March2 — May 3, 2021.
The 2019-2021 In-Colors will be retiring soon. See the complete list of items in my online store Here.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic Black Cardstock 3 3/4″ X 3″ (detailed butterfly), 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ (inner liner mat)
- Basic White Cardstock 3 3/4″ X 3″ (butterfly), 4″ X 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
- Mint Macaron Cardstock 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ (card base scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
- Shimmer White Cardstock 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2′ (card front), 1 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ (sentiment)
- Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ (card front), 2 – 1/2″ X 5 1/4″ (inner liner strips), 1/4″ X 6″ (envelope), 2 1/2″ X 6′ (envelope)