Good Saturday morning my stamping friends. Hope your having a good start to your weekend. I’m off this weekend. Both my jobs are closed tomorrow and I took off today to prep for our Easter brunch tomorrow. We started doing brunch a few years ago and everyone seems to love it. It is a lot more work that dinner though. I finished all my Easter Egg bread baking last night. I forgot how long of a process it is to make, but WELL worth it.
For today I have a birthday card for my niece who will be turning 40 tomorrow, on Easter. Her and I have always been so close, she’s like a daughter to me. I don’t know what I would ever do without her, she’s that great. She loves animals, but really loves her dog and cats so I thought I’d make her a cat card this year. I used the Stampin’ Up! Pampered Pets Bundle for my card today along with the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper. Here’s my card for today.
My design is from Mojo Monday Sketch #556. I love layered cards and this one has a lot of layers.
I started by adhering a panel of Playful Pets DSP to a Basic Gray card base using Stampin’ Seal. I adhered panels of Playful Pets DSP to Basic Gray mats using Stampin’ Seal and adhered them to the card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I cut a circle from a panel of Basic White cardstock using my Layering Circles Dies. I cut a coordinating scalloped circle from a panel of Basic Gray cardstock using my Layering Circles Dies. I stamped the butterfly and mouse images from the Stampin’ Up! Pampered Pets Cling Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Ink. On a small panel of Basic White cardstock I stamped the cat image from the Pampered Pets stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the images in using my Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Real Red and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Markers. I cut the cat image out using my Pets Dies and adhered it to the circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I adhered the Basic White circle to the scalloped circle using Stampin’ Seal and adhered it to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On a scrap of Basic White cardstock I stamped the sentiment from the Pampered Pets stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink. I fussy cut the sentiment and adhered it to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I threaded one of the Playful Pets Trinkets using the Snail Mail Twine and tied a bow. I left very long tails on the bow so I could wrap it around the cat. I adhered the heart to the card front using a Glue Dot.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Family Party Photopolymer Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Ink on a Basic White panel. I stamped the cat image on the bottom of the panel in Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it in using my Flirty Flamingo and Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends Markers. I adhered a strip of the Playful Pets DSP to the bottom of the panel. I adhered the Basic White panel to a Real Red mat using Stampin’ Seal and then to the inside of the Basic Gray card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
To finish my card I decorated a Basic White Medium Envelope. I stamped the cat image from the Pampered Pets stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink on the envelope front and colored it in using my Flirty Flamingo and Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends Markers. I adhered a strip of the Playful Pets DSP on the envelope front and a panel of the envelope flap.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you liked my card and will give it a try. Happy Stamping!!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click HERE to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
MY CURRENT HOST CODE IS: 9R4BQD64
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any 1 item valued up to $10.00 from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! For any orders $50 or more I will also send you my monthly class tutorials. Click HERE or go to my Customer Rewards for more details and to see what this months tutorials are.
Click HERE to shop the clearance rack.
Please remember to use my current Host Code and make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Happy Stamping, Karen!
IT’S THE LAST-CHANCE PRODUCTS SALE
If you love great deals, Stampin’ Up!’s Last-Chance Products Sale is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on your favorite products from the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog—and as an extra bonus—you’ll get a peek at the list of items carrying over to the other catalogs. Many items will sell out fast, so don’t delay—shop early for the best selection!
Sales Period: March 24, 1:00 PM (MT) – May 3, 2021, 11:59 PM (MT)
- Only select items in the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog will be discounted.
- Sale applies to all order types except host items (see Last-Chance Products List for items on sale).
- No minimum purchase is required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Items and discounts may vary by market (depending on inventory levels).
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items and some retiring items will not be discounted.
- Ordering Deadline for retiring products: May 3, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT)
Here are the official retiring lists from Stampin’ Up!.
Head over to my online store to pick up those retiring items now! They’re only available while supplies last from now through May 3!
Subscribe March 11 – April 10
- The So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kit is a little taste of summer fun, with enough supplies to make 12 colorful, shaped cards with coordinating envelopes. Six card bases are popsicle shaped, the other six are semicircles: three watermelons and three rainbows. All of the cards are splashed with cheerful, vivid watercolor images. The kit also includes two full-size, matching sticker sheets, die-cut accents, fun embellishments, and more.
- This kit was designed with kids in mind, as a way to spark their creative imagination and introduce them to papercrafting.
- The So Cool Kit makes a great gift! It’s an even better way to enjoy some quality time with those special little ones in life.
- Even though the So Cool Kit was designed with kids in mind, these fun-shaped cards, featuring vivid watercolors, are versatile enough to gift to kids of all ages—the young in years and the young at heart. They’re a great way to send some “sunshine in a card!” Who wouldn’t love that?
- The kit’s exclusive So Cool Stamp Set is versatile, offering sentiments that can be used for multiple occasions such as birthdays, congrats, cheer, and more! It’s a great addition to any crafter’s collection.
- Kit includes enough supplies to make 12 fresh, fun-shaped cards—6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile
- Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog.
Subscribe to the April Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 March and 10 April at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
THERE’S MORE TO LOVE IN THE COORDINATING ICE CREAM CORNER SUITE!
ICE CREAM CORNER DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Keep the creative fun going by pairing the So Cool Kit with the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper (154567) featured in our 2021 January–June Mini Catalog. It’s a great way to use the kit’s stamps, ink, stickers, and more to further indulge your craving for summer fun. Plus, the paper is part of the matching Ice Cream Corner Suite, so there’s virtually no end to the possibilities!
Coordinating colors: Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Purple Posy, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Terracotta Tile
Click this link to view the suite and start shopping.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic Gray Cardstock 8 1/2″X 5 1/2″ (card base scored and folded at 4 1/4″), 1 3/4″ x 4″, 1 1/4″ X 4″, 3/4″ X 2 1/2″, 3″ X 3″ (card front dsp mats and scalloped circle)
- Basic White Cardstock 3″ X 3″ (artwork), 2″ X 3″ (cat), 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
- Real Red Cardstock 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ (inner liner mat)
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper 4″ X 5 1/4″ (card front), 1 5/8″ x 3 7/8″, 1 1/8″ x 3 7/8″, 5/8″ x 2 1/8″ (card front panels), 1/2″ x 6″ (envelope front), 2 1/2″ X 6″ (envelope flap)